Tuesday 2 October 2012

Career Mania 55: GyanCentral - The hub for engineering and law students - IIT-JEE, AIEEE, BITSAT, CLAT, AILET - 2012: Life at a Law School: The Spirit of Victory , Defeat and Carpe Diem

Career Mania 55
Career news.....www.careermania55.koolcentre.in,movies news.....www.koolcentre.in
GyanCentral - The hub for engineering and law students - IIT-JEE, AIEEE, BITSAT, CLAT, AILET - 2012: Life at a Law School: The Spirit of Victory , Defeat and Carpe Diem
Oct 2nd 2012, 16:08

GyanCentral - The hub for engineering and law students - IIT-JEE, AIEEE, BITSAT, CLAT, AILET - 2012
The most comprehensive career education and test preparation forums in india.
Life at a Law School: The Spirit of Victory , Defeat and Carpe Diem
Oct 2nd 2012, 15:56

I wanted to be a lawyer from the day I read To Kill A Mockingbird and Atticus Finch became that literary role model that leaves an indelible mark in your mind and your thought for the rest of your life. Just around three months back my dream to become a lawyer got materialisation when I joined a new and vibrant law school in Bhubaneswar. It was my chance of being like Atticus. The great Atticus Finch. Now the problem was I had visualised myself as a lawyer but had no clue what it was to be a law student. I am the first guy in my immediate family to take up law as a profession and my seniors in school who went on to study law gave me mixed reviews which lead to a sense of apprehension, anxiety and interestingly enough a sense of excitement. In this writing of mine I will not talk about my own law school- I am very proud of it and there has been already a lot written about it in many places, here I would write about the way a law student feel in his very first few days in law school. I am going to write about- the first class with a legal luminary , the first session of parliamentary debate , the extremely pretty girl who you could not go up and talk to and how you live in a law school(not exactly these things...But you know what I mean). Most importantly I am going to write about the moments of jubilation and the trials, tribulations that your comrades and you go through and the camaraderie that it leads to. The first day in college I still remember ,I was a little scared and largely excited. Suddenly I met these three guys who could not have been more different than me but today after some months into college I can proudly say that in the word of The Beatles "with a little help from my friends" I manage to lead the most awesome life I ever had, be it in college or while at the hostel. For all those planning to go to law school next year, I want to say that ,you can never know who will end up being your closest friends - the most different people can become the most closely knit group. You will have moments of despair and moments when you will think that the world is so bad, but it is these few extremely close and special friends who will help you stand strong- be it family issues, be it homesickness, be it projects and presentations or in simply satisfying some of your child-like whims , it is these people who make college the nicest place to be in. It is in college that you fully understand the exotic food item -instant noodles is and how even one plate of Chicken Butter Masala shared by a dozen people can fully satisfy you. Law School demands a lot of time from you- be it exams, projects, presentations, moots or publications and it is the small moments of frivolous nature that give you much needed boost to carry on. In Law School you will find immensely interesting activities like Model United Nations and Parliamentary Debate which not only help in your career but also serve as excellent means of revitalisation. It is in Law School that Boston Legal becomes even more interesting and you see Al Pacino in "And Justice for All" that you dream with open eyes to become a lawyer like the character he played. People will always say Law is a very labourious course... Well that is true . But one can make most of his life in Law School. It is necessary to build a brilliant CV but in that process one should not forget the other delights of life. One should study and make projects with full energy and yet take time out to maybe paint, write a poem or just have a long extended conversation with your closest buddies through the night. Nothing is perfect , nor is law school. But one can make the most of it , one can seize the day- Carpe Diem- a term I will never forget for the brilliant movie - the Dead Poet's Society. -Debottam Chattopadhyay BALLB, KIIT SCHOOL OF LAW (1st Year 1st Semester)

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com. If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments:

Post a Comment