Saturday 6 October 2012

Career Mania 55: GyanCentral - The hub for engineering and law students - IIT-JEE, AIEEE, BITSAT, CLAT, AILET - 2012: Lawyered; Law school Isshtyle ;)

Career Mania 55
Career news.....www.careermania55.koolcentre.in,movies news.....www.koolcentre.in
GyanCentral - The hub for engineering and law students - IIT-JEE, AIEEE, BITSAT, CLAT, AILET - 2012: Lawyered; Law school Isshtyle ;)
Oct 6th 2012, 18:23

GyanCentral - The hub for engineering and law students - IIT-JEE, AIEEE, BITSAT, CLAT, AILET - 2012
The most comprehensive career education and test preparation forums in india.
Lawyered; Law school Isshtyle ;)
Oct 6th 2012, 18:12

Please don’t go by the title, this is not about any TV Show/ Sitcom of which I am not a fan. It was December 2, 2011 and if I remember correctly it was a Friday, and no I’m not trying to sound like anybody’s grandma it’s just that I remember the day because it gave me another excuse to hone my procrastinating skills, in other words it gave me a reason to say, “I shall start Writing after two days, exactly from Monday”. For all those who are wondering why am I blabbering about Writing, let’s go back to July’ 2011, a month which describes my entry and first few weeks in a law school. In these weeks many, by many I mean MANY options were thrown at me, or in general at every Law student who had marked their entry in law schools with me. Some of the options were Debating, Mooting, MUN’s, other conferences and Writing. Rather than failing in every prospect I chose to excel in one, which for me was Writing, and no it was not one of my oblique strategies infact, I had to choose to write because for once it is supposed to be the most important one, and the other reason is, well, I am suffering from this very serious disease which does not allow me to opt for anything else, STAGEFRIGHT, considering me crazy already? Wait Please. Let me defend myself first, I’ve tried everything (I know of) to overcome it including uttering utter crap in classrooms, for which I got looks saying, “Yes you should Shut Up now”. I tried giving presentations for my projects on stage, although every time I tried this stunt the result was same, 1) My face turning from pale to crimson, 2) Scared audience, for they figured I was seriously ill and about to faint. Now let’s come to what miracle happened on December 2, 2011, I came across this amazing website, which sort of enlists all “Call for Papers”, in simple words this website is for all those students who wish to write, as I had already wasted almost 6 months trying to figure how and what to write. I finally decided to start from writing this paper whose theme was related to Nuclear Power and was due for submission on January 9’2012, and the Prize Money was more than enough to motivate me but then I was interrupted by my deep, eternal and undying love for Procrastination, Days passed and I hadn’t even started writing and just like that even the due date passed, but being the optimist I am, instead of learning anything from this experience, I selected three more such competitions for polishing my writing skills. Have I been any good at that? No, but then the only explanation for that no would be that I haven’t tried, and to answer the unasked question “Why not?” I’d quote Ernest Hemingway, “Write drunk; Edit sober”, and since never in my life I’ve been drunk I’ve never written leave alone the question of editing. -Surbhi Purohit, Dr. RMLNLU, Lucknow.

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com. If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments:

Post a Comment